- BOUNDARIES: The geographic boundaries of the Competition area: Greater Eagle area; NORTH – Foothills; SOUTH – Chinden Blvd; EAST– Glenwood St; WEST – Highway 16.
- CHECK-IN: Begins at 8:00am Thursday, inside the Gallery at Finer Frames 164 E State Street. Only stamped canvas/board/paper will be eligible for awards. Check-in is required.
- SET UP: Artists may choose their sites and set up their equipment before the competition officially begins at 8AM. Painting begins at 8:00 AM Thursday and continues through 2:00pm Saturday.
- STOP: All Artists must finish their competition paintings by 2:00PM Saturday. The Quick Draw Competition continues 3:00 – 5:00pm Saturday.
- FRAMING: For ease of handling, each painting must be wired prior to exhibiting and judging. Discounted frames will be available at Finer Frames. Gallery-wrapped canvas & wood panels will be accepted if wired for hanging. Festival Stamps must be visible on all works, including works on paper.
- EXHIBITING: By 2:00PM, all Artists MUST have their completed artworks to Finer Frames. Only stamped canvases/paper will be accepted. The maximum number of pieces that may be entered are; 1 for the Festival competition + 1 Thursday Quick Draw (optional) + 1 Nocturnal Paint Out (optional) +1 Saturday Quick Draw (optional)
- JUDGING: This year’s guest juror is Niles Nordquist. Prizes will be awarded at 6:00pm during the Festival Awards, Show & Sale.
- SALE: Each painting must be framed, have a title and price and is required to be for sale. Finer Frames will take a 40% commission from each work sold. The monetary transaction for each artwork sold will be handled by Event Staff. Any Artist who sells his/her artwork “on the side” to avoid paying the required commission will be banned from future events. Idaho’s 6% State Sales Tax will be added to the price of each painting that sells which will be collected by the Finer Frames. Artists will be paid for artwork sold on the first of the month. Please print your NAME, painting TITLE and retail $PRICE on the tags provided.
- AWARDS: $1500 in cash prizes will be awarded 6:00pm at Saturday’s Festival Show & Sale. $500 PAPI Grand Prize; $200 First Place; $150 Second Place; $100 Third Place; $50 Honorable Mention: Art in the Vines Quick Draw & Nocturnal Paint Out $100, $75, 50 & $25; Audience’s Choice Oil, Water & Dry Media; Artist Choice; and PAPI Special Recognition Award.
- CONCLUSION: The show concludes with a Closing Reception on Thursday June 29 from 5:00pm – 8:00pm. Unsold artwork needs to be picked up immediately following.
Print the EAGLE PLEIN AIR FESTIVAL festival-rules-2017